It is my understanding that at the present time we have the following F&G wardens on the coast. We have an enforcement problem already!
- There is a resident warden in Elk who patrols from the Navarro River South to the Gualala River and East to Boonville.
- There is a resident warden on the South Coast that patrols the North half of Marin County North to the Russian River.
- There is NO RESIDENT WARDEN in the area from the Russian River North to the Gualala River.
- There is NO RESIDENT WARDEN on the Hwy 101 corridor inland from this area.
- We were told in the Gualala Meeting by the F&G Officer who is attending the meetings that another 7-9 positions would be asked for to enforce the MLPA plans. His comments was that by asking for 7-9, they would hopefully get 3.
- If there are 40 in the F&G Academy now, how many will make it? How many will transfer to another agency or a job with a higher salary? How many will get a coastal position? If they can find affordable housing in this area.
Arch Richardson, Stewarts Point, CA